Saturday, May 2, 2009

No news...

Just thought I would write a quick update. I went to the doctor on thursday, and she examined me to see whether or not this baby was on its way. :) Unfortunately, I'm not dilated at all and was told that she was being "generous" in saying that I was 50% effaced. The baby hasn't dropped yet, but all the conditions are right for the baby to be able to drop... it's just not the time yet, I guess. We will go back on monday for a non-stress test to see how the baby is doing, and then again on thursday for another non-stress test and ultrasound to check on the fluid levels around baby. At that appointment (if I haven't had the baby yet), we will schedule an induction for the following monday, tuesday, or wednesday. So, although it's our due date tomorrow, we don't have our hopes up that this little one will be making their arrival any time soon. I have been told that a famous line that comes out of my mouth on a regular basis is "just five more minutes"... so baby might just already be taking some cues from me. :) In any case, I finished my last shift for work on thursday night, and I'm happy to be done with working the floor... just asking for prayers for patience and a smooth delivery when baby decides, and of course prayers for a healthy baby Gruennert. Thanks so much for all the well-wishes and we will let everyone know what's happening when anything changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment