Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy 5th Anniversary!!

Mike and I celebrated five years of marriage on August 20th. We were able to go out together and have a relaxing dinner at The Melting Pot while Aunt Jackie and Uncle Neil babysat. It was awesome to get to spend some time together just the two of us and reflect on five wonderful years together. Mike was recently going through some paperwork and found his highlighted copy of our vows that we made to each other...
"In the presence of our Lord and Savior, our family and our dearest friends, I (Michael Thomas) promise to take you (Kristen Leigh) in faith, honesty and love to be my wedded wife (husband); to share with you God's plan for our lives together united in Christ. With God's strength, I promise to forever be your faithful partner in life, loving you without reservation. I promise to support you through sorrow and joy, caring for you through sickness and health, encouraging you to achieve all your goals and growing with you in mind and spirit. I submit myself to you as your husband (wife), keeping a household focused on the grace and love we have received from our Heavenly Father. I give myself to you on this blessed day, asking that you be no other than yourself, loving what I know of you, trusting what I do not yet know, in all the ways that life may find us."
I look forward to many more exciting and joyous years together! (I love you!)

1 comment: